The same way that you visit your doctor to check your health the head technician is the person with a degree (technical architect or civil engineer) who knows about the building construction systems and their characteristics, is knowlegeable of the various installations and is able to evaluate the state of conservation and the appropiate maintenance for a building.

At Now Arquitectura we have a team of qualified technicians who are knowledgeable and with enough experience to be able to deal with any type of project giving special atention to details and your specific needs.

We write reports on the state of conservation of buildings.

Building performance evaluation report

Spanish Building Act 8/2013, of June 26 on urban rehabilitation, regeneration and renovation establishes: “Buildings of collective residential typology shall require a

Performance Evaluation Report identifying the real estate including cadastral reference and containing specifically:

Evaluation of the state of preservation of the building.

Evaluation of the basic accessibility conditions, establishing whether the building is subject to reasonable adjustments to meet these conditions.

Building Energy Performance Certificate, with the content and the established procedures in accordance with current regulations and regardless of its sale or rental, in whole or in part “.

With this new law, buildings of more than 50 years must be evaluated covering the following aspects of performance: minimum safety conditions, sanitation, accessibility and aesthetic conditions; establishing the actions to be taken in order to comply with the said conditions.

Does my house need to pass the evaluation report?

Year of construction of the property IEE (Building Evaluation Report) deadline
1929 and earlier Until December 31, 2015
Between 1930 and 1949 Until December 31, 2016
Between 1950 and 1959 Until December 31, 2017
Between 1960 and 1963 Until December 31, 2018
From 1964 5 years from December 31 of the year turning 50 years

Our technical team will provide the necessary services

Carry out the relevant inspection tasks.

Prepare the building evaluation report and take care of the administrative procedures.

Inform you about the existing state aids to cover the expenses, both of the report itself (included in annual fee if contracted) and of the building work to be carried out.

What can it cost?

If you decide to hire this service, our estimated costs are:

  • Buildings less than 2,300m2: € 700
  • Buildings between 2,300 and 5,000m2: € 0.30 / m2
  • Buildings with more than 5,000 to 10,000m2: € 0.25 / m2

VAT not included
(administrative fees are not included)
(Energy Performance Certificate for each house included)

We write energy certificates for homes.

Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

Would you like to rent or sell your house?

In relation to this, Spanish Royal Decree establishes that from June 1, 2013, when buildings or building units are built, sold or rented, an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or a copy of it must be shown and given to the buyer or potential new tenant.

The EPC of an existing building will be signed by a competent technician (as it is our case), who will be freely chosen by the property residents of the building. The energy efficiency rating classifies buildings according to a seven label scale, which starts from letter G (least inefficient) to letter A (most efficient).

Special attention should be paid on this, as the competent energy certification authority of your Autonomous Community will establish and apply an independent control system for EPCs. This means that the aforementioned authority will carry out random controls on the issued certificates, which may include partial or complete checking, and even inspections of the property.

Validity, renewal and update of EPCs

EPCs will be valid for 10 years and the competent energy certification authority of the Autonomous Community will establish the specific conditions to be renewed or updated, which is direct responsibility of the owner.

Is it compulsory to have an EPC?

Dwellings exempt from the need to have an EPC:

Buildings built after 2006.

Listed buildings protected as part of the designated environment or because of their special architectural or historical merit.

Buildings used as places of worship and for religious activities.

Industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural properties, or parts intended for these purposes.

Stand-alone buildings with a floor area of less than 50 square metres.

Buildings purchased for major renovations or demolition.

Residential buildings intended to be used less than 4 months a year.

We guarantee:

Drafting of your EPC in accordance with the current legislation and adapted to the reality of your house.

Administrative management and submission of documents so that you do not have to waste your time with paperwork.

Submission of EPC.

Validation of EPC when legal validity period expires.

Energy study to provide solutions to improve energy efficiency of your house.

Technical advice if you decide to carry out building work, taking care of supply chain and construction trades management.

What can it cost?

The estimated price to draft your EPC is € 150.00 + VAT per dwelling, but the final price will depend on different aspects such as:

House surface.

Location and accessibility.

Level of complexity of construction or facilities.

We help you legalize your business or local.

Business licences and business premises renovations

Would you like to start a business? As you know before setting up an establishment to develop a commercial or industrial activity, your local authority will request a business licence (content may vary depending on the case) signed by a competent technician.

In Now Arquitectura we have a qualified team of experts in architecture and engineering with a wide experience in drafting refurbishment projects and business licences. Our team advice will guide you on any procedure or technical aspect you need.

Leave your project in our hands from the beginning, we will advise and guide you in every step of the way, from the financial feasibility study when acquiring the premises, the execution of building work, to the handing over of keys and start-up of your business.

When do you have to submit a business licence?

First opening of establishments, premises and commercial and industrial facilities.

Change or expansion of activities, machinery or ownership even if they do not involve change of use.

Change of use of the premises.

Modification or extension of the surface of the premises and / or its facilities.

What can it cost?

The price ranges from € 500.00 – € 2,000.00 + VAT, depending on:

Location and accessibility.

Type of premises, machinery to be legalized and other determining factors.

Level of complexity of the premises.

We value your home and prepare urban reports.

Property valuations and appraisals

Would you like to sell your house?

If you are thinking about selling your house, you should know what the market value of the property is. You may be even worried about a past extension or renovation not being legalized, so that the local authority does not compromise your transaction and your buyer is satisfied.

We offer you our services:

We carry out property appraisals to know how much your property is worth in the market.

We can estimate the revaluation of your property if you undertake a comprehensive renovation.

We can prepare for you a comparative study to assess whether you can purchase or build a new property after selling your house.

We conduct property studies to give you an estimate of how much a property development could cost you, as well as an estimated sales study.

We carry out the necessary procedures to legalise your property in case of sale or extension in accordance with the current regulations.

What can it cost?

Estimated prices range from € 500.00 to € 1,000.00 + VAT

Contact us and we will study your case carefully.

We accredit our training